Throughout its long-standing operation, KEPA has acquired substantial experience:
a) Designing and tailoring specific actions that co-finance development activities, both on a geographical and sectoral basis;
b) Managing national programmesto support entrepreneurship and especially Small and Medium Enterprises-that are co-financed by the European Union under the Community Support Frameworks and the National Strategic Reference Framework for 2007-2013. These programmes concern the implementation of investments in the following sectors:
Energy-Construction-infrastructure -Manufacturing -Tourism -Environment-Trade -Tourism -Training -Service Provision.
Overall, KEPA has successfully managed 57 programmes to date for the implementation of 10,044 projects with a total budget of €1.34 billion, while also disbursing €611.5 million to Greek businesses for this purpose.
c) International development programmes and projects co-financed by the European Union:
- National Plan for the Reconstruction of the Balkans(project appraisal);
- Leonardo Da Vinci & Phare Community programs (participation as partner);
- PHARE Community programme (participation as partner);
- IRIS Community Initiative(member of the evaluation and implementation committee for the programme);
- EQUAL Community Initiative (participation as partner);
- INTERREG Community Initiative (evaluation and monitoring of investments);
d) Preparing sectoral/branch studies and research for the diagnosis of the development features and activities of businesses;
e) Evaluating technical/economic and construction investment/business plans through the creation and use of suitable statistical and IT tools;
f) Drafting technical /economic reports and proposals for enterprise development programmes;
g) Implementing of energy inspections to certify the energy -related result of large energy investments.
Due to the above experience, KEPA executives participate in programme design and management committees, as well as a number of committees set up by businesses at local, regional and national level.